We’ve been in the IT Industry since 1986 and we say Ruby on Rails is the next big thing
- NOT because of the fact that it focuses on don’t repeat yourself (DRY) principles.
- NOT because it favours convention over configuration (CoC).
- NOT because it helps developers produce code and tangible output faster than any other language of its genre.
- NOT because it considers proper environment and version control upfront.
- NOT because it takes into account current systems engineering best practices.
- but because it makes business sense.
Ruby on Rails, often simply Rails, is an open source web application framework which runs on the Ruby programming language. Ruby on Rails emphasizes the use of well-known software engineering patterns and principles, such as active record pattern, convention over configuration (CoC), don’t repeat yourself (DRY), and model–view–controller (MVC).